Alexa App Download for Windows 10 in the Microsoft Store for your PC / Laptop. Just tap and ask Alexa to check your calendar, make a list, play music, answer questions, read news, and more.
With Alexa on your PC / Windows, you can even easily control your Smart Home from anywhere with your voice. Whether you are at home or on the road, Alexa is designed to make your life easier.
To try various things:
“Alexa, what is on my calendar today?”
“Alexa, read me a book.”
“Alexa, turn on the lights.”
“Alexa, how’s the weather at home?”
Feature Alexa App Windows / PC / Laptop:
- Productivity: Make life at home and work easier with Alexa on your PC.
Alexa enhances your PC experience. With Alexa, you can set reminders, timers and alarms, shop, make a list, and track your calendar and appointments. Create personalized news and sports lists from your favorite sources, or check the weather before planning your day.
- Entertainment: Let Alexa entertain you from music to audio books. With Alexa you can control your music and entertainment with your voice. Listen to music from services like Amazon or listen to your favorite podcasts. Alexa can also play Audible audio books that are professionally notified or read Kindle books that are compatible loudly.
- Smart Home: Control your Smart Home from anywhere with Alexa. With Alexa on your PC, you can control smart home devices with your voice. Turn on the light without leaving the bed, turn on the fan or heater from your favorite chair, or dim the light from the sofa.
- Alexa, Anywhere: Now you can talk to Alexa no matter where your PC is. Wherever you are, with Alexa for your PC, you can always talk to Alexa. Everywhere on the road or across the country, Alexa on your PC means that Alexa is with you everywhere. Listen to your favorite podcasts at work, lock your back door from the airport, or check your calendar from a hotel room – all with Alexa for your PC.
To use the Alexa application for PC, you need a compatible Windows 10 device and an Amazon account. The Alexa application for PC is offered as part of the initial setup of your Windows 10 device or can be downloaded directly.
How to Install and Setup Alexa app Windows
Download Alexa app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store via the Start menu, open the Microsoft Store app and search for “Alexa“. In the System Requirements section, verify that your device is compatible by selecting Get and follow the instructions at the bottom of the screen.
Alexa is preinstalled on some Windows 10 devices or offered in their software management tools. To set the Alexa application for PC, look for the Alexa icon on the Start menu or type “Alexa” in the Windows search bar. After that, just log in to your Amazon account and start using Alexa.
How to use Wake Words
If your Windows 10 device is compatible with hands-free mode, you can say your activation word (eg “Alexa”) followed by a question or command. You can also choose the Alexa icon at the bottom of the application and then say your question or command.
To check whether you can use the word word:
1. Open the Alexa App menu for PC.
2. Select Settings.
3. Make sure you can choose the Wake Word option.
The Alexa app for PC supports most of Alexa’s features and capabilities. All you have to do is ask Alexa to control your smart home device, check your calendar, make a shopping list, answer questions, read messages, set a timer, and more.
To find the latest features and capabilities, open the Alexa application menu for PC and select “Things to try“. For more information about the features and compatibility of Alexa with PCs, visit https://www.amazon.com/alexaforpc.
Troubleshoot Alexa App
Check Device Connections
If you have problems with the Alexa application for PC, here are some solutions that can resolve this situation:
- Check the status of your internet connection. If your Windows 10 device isn’t connected to the Internet, you can’t shop, control smart home devices, or ask Alexa questions.
- If no network display appears in the system tray, you must be connected to the Internet.
Update to the latest version
Upgrade to the latest version of the Alexa app for PC to solve most problems with Alexa content. To update the Alexa app for PC, select Quit App from the App menu and reopen the Alexa application for PC. If a new update is available, you will be asked to install it.
If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the Alexa application for PC. If Alexa for PC is installed with a software management tool provided by your device manufacturer, use the same tool to uninstall and reinstall the software.
If you download Alexa for PC directly from the Microsoft Store, enter “Add or Remove Programs ” in the Windows 10 search box to open the App & Settings window. From the list of installed software, uninstall the Amazon Alexa object with the most recent installation date.
Note: For login problems, check to see if your Windows 10 device uses a firewall or proxy server, and make sure the Alexa app for PC is not blocked.