How to Enable Alexa Skills [Easy Solutions]
How to Enable Alexa Skills – Skills are abilities that are controlled by sound that enhance the functionality of your Alexa device. For example, you can activate abilities that allow Alexa to play math and quiz games with you, or inform you of upcoming concerts in your city.
You can search for and activate capabilities in the Alexa app and the Alexa Skills store on the Amazon website.
Or, if you know the exact name of the skill you want, you can say “Activate skill [skill name]”.
Note: For information about setting and using capabilities for smart home devices, see Connecting smart home devices to Alexa. You don’t need Alexa’s expertise to use the services available with Amazon Cloud Cam.
How to Enable Alexa Skills:
- Open the Alexa Application, open the menu and select Skills. Or visit the Alexa Skills Store on the Amazon website: https://www.amazon.com/skills.
- Search for abilities by category or use search to find specific skills.
- When you find the skill you want to use, choose to open the skill details page. Then select the Enable Skills option.
Tips: For some skills, you might need to create an account or subscribe to a skill provider or link your existing account / subscription.
After you activate a skill, you can ask Alexa to open and use it. Just say “Open [skill name]”.
There may also be additional instructions for using skills. See the skills detail page for examples of important information and other information. If you need help with a skill, you can say, “[name of skill] help.”
Manage your Skills
You can see and manage your skills in the Alexa application. Go to the menu and select Skills and then your Skills (at the top of the screen).
- Select a skill to open the skill detail page and access the available options, including:
- Disable skill – If you no longer want to use a skill, select the Disable option. Or say “Deactivate skill [skill name]”.
- Reviews – You can rate and rate skills. To check skills, scroll down to the Reviews section, then select Write Review.
- Manage Skill Permissions – Some skills may require access to the address or location of your device. This usually occurs during the setup process, but access can be approved or revoked at any time in the Permissions section. Select Manage Permissions to change permissions for skills.
- Notifications – Some capabilities can inform you about certain events. You can see the notification options available and activate or deactivate them with the toggle switch. For more information, see Managing Your Alexa Skills Notifications.
- Give Childcare Skills for Child Skills – If you activate Skills, you will be asked to give your permission in the Alexa application. After permission is given for a profile, this profile can activate a child’s skills without requiring additional permission. You can manage parental permissions by opening the Manage Parents Permission page. For more information, see the Alexa and Alexa Device FAQs.
Interested in developing skills for Alexa?
The Alexa Skill Kit allows you to use the Alexa voice processing feature to build interactive capabilities. For more information, visit our developer website.